A panelist is a guest speaker of a webinar, who has the ability to talk and turn on/off his video in a webinar. The panelist needs to install the ezTalks app and join a webinar via the app. If he joins from the web browser only, he can only watch the webinar as a view-only participant.
Here we listed a few questions about how to add panelist.
1. How to invite panelist?
Step 1. When you schedule a webinar and Publish it, you can see Invite Panelist as below:
Alternatively, you can go to My Webinar list and right click on the Webinar you have scheduled, then go to Invite Panelist:
Step 2. Then you can enter the email address of the panelist. If the panelist is already in your contact list, you can also select it from the contact list.
You cannot invite a panelist by default email, Gmail, Outlook, nor copy the link. Because the webinar system can only recognize the panelist's email address via Contact or sending invitation email via the ezTalks system.
Step 3. After you send out the invitation, you can find the invitation list on My Webinars page as below:
Step 4. Click on the number under Invitations and you can see the role is Panelist:
The panelist will receive an email with the webinar link. He needs to install the ezTalks app and join a webinar via the app. If he joins from the web browser only, he can only watch the webinar as a view-only participant.
2. Can I set panelist during the Webinar?
Yes you can set panelist in the webinar room.
When you started the webinar as a host, you can see the participants list. Those who join via the ezTalks app will be listed on the Participants page. You can right click on them and set as panelist or participants.
3. What controls does a panelist have?
The panelist can join the webinar via the ezTalks app and you will see the controls on the bottom of the screen.
- Mute/Unmute: This allows you to mute and unmute your microphone.
- Audio Controls (via the ^ arrow next to mute/unmute): The audio controls allow you to change the microphone and speaker that ezTalks is currently using on your computer.
- Start/Stop Video: This allows you to start and stop your own video.
- Participants: This opens up the Participants window.
- Chat: Access the chat window to chat with the host, the other panelists or all attendees.
- Move to room: If you have already purchased ezTalks hardware this feature can allow you call hardware in.
- More: Clicking on More will give you access to additional options.
- Leave: Click this to leave the webinar. Only the host can end the webinar.
Note: if a panelist needs to share screen in a webinar, he can apply to be the presenter.